1. Ueki, T., Nevin, K. P., Woodard, T. L., and Lovley, D. R. 2014. Converting carbon dioxide to butyrate with an engineered strain of Clostridium ljungdahlii. mBio. 5:e01636-14. (This paper is one of “editors’ picks” in the journal.)
2. Banerjee, A., Leang, C., Ueki, T.,Nevin, K. P., and Lovley, D. R. 2014. A lactose-inducible system for metabolic engineering of Clostridium ljungdahlii.Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 80:2410-2416.
3. Leang, C., Ueki, T., Nevin, K. P., and Lovley, D. R. 2013. A genetic system for Clostridium ljungdahlii: a chassis for autotrophic production of biocommodities and a model homoacetogen.Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 79:1102-1109. (This paper has been selected as an “Article of Significant Interest” by the journal’s editors.)
4. Rotaru, A. E., Shrestha, P. M., Liu, F., Ueki, T., Nevin, K., Summers, Z. M., and Lovley, D. R. 2012. Interspecies electron transfer via hydrogen and formate rather than direct electrical connections in co-cultures of Pelobacter carbinolicus and Geobacter sulfurreducens. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 78:7645-7651.
5. Ueki, T., Leang, C., Inoue, K., and Lovley, D. R. 2012. Identification of multi-component His-Asp phosphorelay system controlling flagella and motility gene expression in Geobacter species. The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 287:10958-10966.
6. Summers, Z. M., Ueki, T., Ismail, W., Haveman, S. A., and Lovley, D. R. 2012. Laboratory evolution of Geobacter sulfurreducens for enhanced growth on lactate via a single base-pair substitution in a transcriptional regulator. The ISME Journal. 6:975-983.
7. Ueki, T. 2011. Identification of a transcriptional repressor involved in benzoate metabolism in Geobacter bemidjiensis.Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 77:7058-7062.
8. Lovley, D. R., Ueki, T., Zhang, T., Malvankar, N. S., Shrestha, P. M., Flanagan, K., Aklujkar, M., Butler, J. E., Giloteaux, L., Rotaru, A. E., Holmes, D. H., Franks, A. E., Orellana, R., Risso, C., and Nevin, K. P. 2011. Geobacter: The microbe electric’s physiology, ecology, and practical applications. Advances in Microbial physiology. 59:1-100. (Review)
9. Yun, J., Ueki, T., Miletto, M., and Lovley, D. R. 2011. Monitoring the metabolic status of Geobacter species in contaminated groundwater by quantifying key metabolic proteins with Geobacter-specific antibodies. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 77:4597-4602.
10. Krushkal, J., Juárez, K., Barbe, J. F., Qu, Y., Andrade, A., Puljic, M., Adkins, R. M., Lovley, D. R., and Ueki, T. 2010. Genome-wide survey for PilR recognition sites of the metal-reducing prokaryote Geobacter sulfurreducens. Gene. 469: 31-44.
11. Ueki, T. and Lovley, D. R. 2010. Novel regulatory cascades controlling expression of nitrogen-fixation genes in Geobacter sulfurreducens. Nucleic Acids Research. 38: 7485-7499. (This article has been chosen as a “Featured Article” by the Editors of the journal.)
12. Ueki, T. and Lovley, D. R. 2010. Genome-wide gene regulation in biosynthesis and energy generation by a novel transcriptional repressor in Geobacter species. Nucleic Acids Research. 38: 810-821.
13. Leang, C., Krushkal, J., Ueki, T., Puljic, M., Sun, J., Juárez, K., Núñez, C., Reguera, G., DiDonato, R., Poister, B., Adkins, R. M., and Lovley, D. R. 2009. Genome-wide analysis of the RpoN regulon in Geobacter sulfurreducens. BMC Genomics. 10: 331.
14. Ueki, T. and Lovley, D. R. 2007. Heat-shock sigma factor RpoH from Geobacter sulfurreducens. Microbiology. 153: 838-846.
15. Viswanathan, P., Ueki, T., Inouye, S., and Kroos, L. 2007. Combinatorial regulation of genes essential for Myxococcus xanthus development involves an upstream response regulator and a downstream LysR-type regulator. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences in USA. 104: 7969-7974.
16. Yan, B.*, Núñez, C.*, Ueki, T.*, Esteve- Núñez, A., Puljic, M., Adkins, R. M., Methé, B. A., Lovley, D. R., and Krushkal, J. 2006. Computational prediction of RpoS and RpoD regulatory sites in Geobacter sulfurreducens using sequence and gene expression information. Gene. 384: 73-95. (* Equal contribution)
17. Ueki, T. and Inouye, S. 2006. A novel regulation on developmental gene expression of fruiting body formation in Myxobacteria. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 72: 21-29. (Review)
18. Ueki, T., Xu, C.-Y., and Inouye, S. 2005.SigF, a new sigma factor required for a motility system of Myxococcus xanthus. Journal of Bacteriology. 187: 8537-8541.
19. Ueki, T. and Inouye, S. 2005.Activation of a development-specific gene, dofA, by FruA, an essential transcription factor for development of Myxococcus xanthus. Journal of Bacteriology. 187: 8504-8506.
20. Ueki, T. and Inouye, S. 2005. Identification of a gene involved in polysaccharide export as a transcription target of FruA, an essential factor for Myxococcus xanthus development. The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 280: 32279-32284.
21. Otani, M., Ueki, T., Kozuka, S., Segawa, M., Sano, K., and Inouye, S. 2005. Characterization of Myxococcus xanthus Small heat shock protein (sHSP); Mx Hsp16.6. Journal of Bacteriology. 187: 5236-5241.
22. Ueki, T. and Inouye, S. 2003. Identification of an activator protein required for the induction of fruA, a gene essential for fruiting body development in Myxococcus xanthus. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences in USA. 100: 8782-8787.
23. Suzuki, T., Iwasaki, T., Uzawa, T., Hara, K., Nemoto, N., Kon, T.,Ueki, T., Yamagishi, A., and Oshima, T. 2002. Sulfolobus tokodaii sp. nov. (f. Sulfolobus sp. strain 7), a new member of the genus Sulfolobus isolated from Beppu Hot Springs, Japan. Extremophiles. 6: 39-44.
24. Ueki, T. and Inouye, S. 2002. Transcriptional activation of a heat-shock gene, lonD, of Myxococcus xanthus by a two-component histidine-aspartate phosphorelay system. The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 277: 6170-6177.
25. Otani, M., Tabata, J., Ueki, T., Sano, K., and Inouye, S. 2001. Heat-shock-induced proteins from Myxococcus xanthus. Journal of Bacteriology. 183: 6282-6287.
26. Ueki, T. and Inouye, S. 2001. SigB, SigC, and SigE from Myxococcus xanthus homologous to sigma32 are not required for heat shock response but for multicellular differentiation. Journal of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology. 3: 287-293.
27. Inouye, S., Jain, R., Ueki, T., Nariya, H., Xu, C.-Y., Hsu, M.-Y., Fernandez-Luque, B. A., Munoz-Dorado, J., Farez-Vidal, E., and Inouye, M. 2000. A large family of eukaryotic-like protein Ser/Thr kinases of Myxococcus xanthus, a developmental bacterium. Microbial & Comparative Genomics. 5: 103-120.
28. Ueki, T. and Inouye, S. 1998. A new sigma factor, SigD, essential for stationary phase is also required for multicellular differentiation in Myxococcus xanthus. Genes to Cells. 3: 371-385.
29. Ueki, T., Inouye, S., and Inouye, M. 1996. Positive-negative KG cassettes for construction of multi-gene deletions using a single drug marker. Gene. 183: 153-157.